To Register for the Coolanu Camp click here.
Coolanu Israel’s mission:
Coolanu Israel strives to strengthen Jewish identity and connection to Israel through innovative seminars, sports programs and literature projects for Jewish youth, college students, and coaches.
Coolanu Israel’s Initiatives:
- Literary/Media projects: coach’s DVD & curriculum, and athlete’s guide.
- Programs in Israel: Families, Middle/high school and college aged groups visiting Israel experience and learn about Israeli culture and Jewish identity through seminars, basketball programs and service work all led by Tamir Goodman.
- Mini camps in North America: Basketball clinics for youth, along with workshops for coaches to earn Coolanu Israel coaching certification. Programs held in different cities throughout the year.
- Summer camp in North America: A world class basketball camp for Jewish youth of all backgrounds and skill levels, with an emphasis on Israel and Jewish identity.
- Cultural Diversity Basketball Camps: Mini basketball camps that focus on diversity awareness, respect and tolerance.
Coolanu Israel’s Awards:
- Recipient of the Geshilian Humanitarian Award
- Winner of the iChallenge Ideas Incubator grant.
Tamir Goodman – Founder and Director, Coolanu Israel
After retiring from an exciting career playing professional basketball in the US and Israel, Tamir Goodman established basketball programs such as the Ramah Basketball Academy and the Tamir Goodman Athletic Leadership Camp. He has coached over 25,000 kids at leading basketball camps where he inspires participants to develop their unique talents. As past director of Maccabi Haifa’s Haifa Hoops for Kids program, Tamir organized and ran basketball tournaments, clinics and other events. He also ran clinics in Israel for Birthright groups and other programs visiting Israel. Tamir founded Coolanu Israel to bring top level basketball programs infused with Jewish values to Jewish kids of all backgrounds. Tamir is also a motivational speaker, a product developer, inventor and sports consultant. He enjoys learning Torah, working out and spending time with family. firstname.lastname@example.org
Judy Horwitz – Director of Marketing and Operations
Judy brings her passion for Israel, Jewish education and sports to Coolanu. She is responsible for content writing and marketing materials, and helps with program development. She has her BA and MA in English Literature from Bar Ilan University and was a competitive runner for many years. She enjoys reading, cooking, running and spending time with her family. email@example.com
Coolanu Israel OfficeTo make a tax deducible donation, click on the paypal button below, or send a check (payable to Coolanu Israel Charity) to:
4297 University Parkway
University Heights, OH 44118